NUTS AND NUT PRODUCTS TESTING
The reason factors such as the pandemic, rising population and increasing health consciousness of consumers have brought out a lot more importance to nuts and nut products, dried fruits belatedly together with packaged products. They are a concentrated supply of various types of plant protein, polyphenols, phytosterol’s vegetable fibre and miscellaneous micronutrients such as folates, vitamin E magnesium and selenium that have the characteristics to be synerget co-factors; they all add value for our health.
CVR Labs, one of the best-known names in analytical testing has always been focused on comprehensive assessment for Nuts and Nut Products. We have the modern technologies and equipment necessary to guarantee quality safety. In this in-depth text, we explore the complexities of testing, and its considerable importance to survival itself for some products and present a complete description of indeed all tests that have ever been declared which are managed by us. These include descriptions (with photographed pictures) not only describing what is examined but also providing targets along with acceptable range values as already outlined in our sources.
what exactly is Nuts and Nut Products Testing?
Nuts and Nut Products Testing is a subsection of analytical testing concerned with the in-depth assessment of various nuts, as well as other nuts products. It involves various kinds of scientific research to ensure the quality and legality in use, as well as the safety of these things.
Why must Nuts and Nut Products be tested?
Thus nuts and nut products must meet the required criteria of taste, texture and aroma as well as nutrition.
Testing of pollutants, pathogens and allergies as well as hazardous compounds that may otherwise adversely affect consumer health.
Focusing on strict regulations and the issue of labelling standards to avoid legal issues, as well as for customer trust.
Measuring and defining allergenic ingredients are also important to allergic consumers, as well as labelling regulations.
The assessment of a product’s stability to determine its projected shelf life, allowing for correct expiry date labelling.
Tests Performed in Nuts and Nut Products Testing:
CVR Labs uses the most advanced technology and specialized equipment to perform a wide range of analytical tests. The list below summarizes these tests and their respective parameters:
- Chemical analysis, including measurements of moisture, oil content, peroxide value, ash content, etc.
- Nutritional Analysis and labelling (energy, protein, carbohydrates, total sugar, etc.)
- Amino acids
- Fatty acid
- Lipid profile (SFA, MUFA, and PUFA) and trans fatty acids
- Toxic Substances Found in Nature (Agaric acid, Hydrocyanic acid, Hypercine, and Safrole)
- Pesticide residues
- Mycotoxins (total aflatoxin, aflatoxin B1, etc.)
- Heavy metals residues (copper, arsenic, cadmium, lead, tin, etc.)
- Migration testing (e.g. primary and secondary packaging)
- Shelf Life Studies
- GMO Testing
- Pathogenic bacteria, such as E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Shigella, Salmonella, Coliforms, Vibrio cholerae, Yeasts, and molds are all examples of pathogens and are examples of microbiological parameters.
- Phytochemicals like flavonoids, tannins & polyphenols
- Sensory Evaluation
- Particle Size Analysis
- Test for Active Components (Qualitative)
- Additives (benzoic acid, BHA, BHT, etc.)
- ETO and ECH Testing
- MCPDs and GE Testing
- Food Application and recipe engineering
- Radioactive residues
- Steroids and Hormone Testing
- Dioxins, PCBs, PAHs & Furans
Nuts and Nut Products Testing Parameters:
|Acidity of extracted fat (expressed as Oleic Acid)
|Ash insoluble in dilute hydrochloric acid
|Damaged Nuts (includes blemish or cracked nuts, broken nuts, nuts not fully dehusked and those the pith of which is black)
|Damaged by moulds and insects
|Damaged kernel including slightly damaged kernel
Calories / Energy
Damaged/ Discoloured units
Flavour and odour
Salt as Sodium chloride
Sulphites (expressed as SO2)
Test for added color
Test for Added colouring matter
Test for non-edible seeds such as mahua, caster, neem or argemone
Test for Rancidity
Total dietary fibres
Total soluble solids
Uniformity of size (for whole)
Nuts and Nut Products Testing plays an important role in the nut sector for quality control, safety assurance, and regulatory compliance. CVR Labs, with its dedication to cutting-edge technology and thorough testing, is a trustworthy partner in promising the quality of your nuts products. Contact us today for more details regarding our services.